Thursday, February 2, 2017

The Boatshed


  Not having a place to build such a boat, it has been necessary to build a shelter.  Rather than go the standard route of throwing up something temporary, I decided to go ahead and build a proper boat-shed/workshop.  It is something I have wanted for a long time anyway and will serve us long after.  I started clearing land and doing some hand grading right about a year ago.


That sucker was hard to pull over.   The summer was busy, we took  the boat up to Georgian Bay, various projects.  I didn't move forward much on it until August.  Here I am with a buddy after we set the posts.

After all fall and winter working on it, here is what we've got.




That plastic was faster than building big permanent doors and it lets in light and possibly some heat,

The view inside. 



I finally have the 12 foot workbench of my dreams, with all my hand tools in reach and nothing permanently stored on the bench top.

Time to get crackin!

No comments:

Post a Comment